Word of the Day confusion...

"Hey mom do you know want to know what the word of the day is?"
"Okay darling!"
"Truculent!"
"Oh yeah that's definantly you!"
"Do you know what that word means?"
"Yeah....I'm not stupid!"
"Okay mom.... (Word of the Day for Saturday August 20, 2005)
truculent \TRUCK-yuh-luhnt\, adjective:

1. Fierce; savage; ferocious; barbarous.
2. Cruel; destructive; ruthless.
So am I truculan?"
"Oh, maybe not....."

**Strange sense of pride was experienced by, well, me here....but I also felt a little twinge...I realized that to solve little issues like that one will take a lot more work and confusion over the phone when I'm away. For a whole year I won't come down the stairs and see or hear my mom playing free cell in the mornings. For a whole year I won't be able to quietly come down and get my cup of coffee, already made, then retreat to my room till I wake up!! I will have to make it myself! Even though I never really appriciated it, I'm really gonna miss the routine in my house.**

No comments: