It's all coming up weddings

Okay, well it's not ALL coming up weddings, but I am attending a few lovely nuptials in the near and distant future, along with all the requisite stagettes, showers, and tea parties.

Last summer, my brother and my cousin both got married (a week apart) and I had the honour of being in both wedding parties. It was such a joy to share those days with two such amazingly calm and level headed brides, and thank God something did go wrong, otherwise we all would have been standing there at the end of the day waiting for the other (or any shoe) to drop.

My experiences from both those weddings makes me look even more forward the ones I have coming up!

I've already attended one this year, and I was honoured to even be invited as it was a very small civil ceremony held in their living room with only their nearest and dearest in tow. This particular couple was meant to get married last October, but because of health issues the wedding had to be post-poned. Earlier on this year they decided they wanted to be married, and neither hell nor high water (nor illnesses) was going to stand in their way.
The happy couple signing the marriage certificate

The ceremony was held in their living room, the officiant gave a lovely talk, and there was plenty of glasses of wine and cupcakes afterwards to feed a village.

The next wedding coming up is one I'm very excited about!
Boo's proposal

My oldest friend, who I lovingly refer to as 'Boo' (can't remember where that one started), is getting married on May 4th. The ceremony is being held in our childhood church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, where we met at the tender age of 9.

Before the big day though there are the obvious requirements: Stagette and Bridal shower!

The potluck bridal shower is this weekend, and I'm already planning my deviled eggs, I just need to decide on a flavour.

The stagette is not long after, and despite my shoulder being injured, I'm still going to go along for the pole dancing lessons, and then enjoy a delicious downtown dinner, and some awesome 90's music dancing! I can't wait!!

In late May, my mom and I will be attending two marriage ceremonies for another couple.

The first ceremony is the going to be for the grooms religion. It's going to be some kind of Hindu (I believe) ceremony. I'm quite looking forward to it, but we're waiting to hear back from the brides mother as to what we should wear. New outfits may be in order!

The second ceremony is for the brides religion. I can't remember exactly what they are, but I'm pretty sure it's a Christian ceremony.

'Moose'
I've been told there will be copious amounts of delicious food and drink at both events! I can't wait!

I have a bit of a break for a while then, and September brings another wedding of a dear friend (Whom we refer to a 'Moose'. I completely remember where that one comes from, but that's a story for another day). She had one of the cutest proposals I've seen in a while (or at least one of the most picture worthy), and I can't wait to see what that wedding day brings, or even better, what calamity ensues during the stagette! I'm not sure yet if the party is going to be in Vancouver or Victoria, as she recently moved to The Island, but either local will be great I'm sure!
It says 'Will you Marry me?'

The last wedding I have on my calendar for 2013 (so far), is the Wiccan ceremony and reception for the first wedding I went to. The first couple who had their legal ceremony a few weeks ago will be having their 'handfasting' Wiccan ceremony in October. It promises to be a very interesting experience, and I look forward to seeing it! I already know what the dresses look like, as my mom and I are making the bridesmaids dresses and doing the alterations on the wedding dress.

Before that the big day in October though we have a bachelorette and bridal shower for that bride (well now wife technically). That party promises to be a very interesting event, as those group of girls have their own fascinating and awesome definition of fun! Pictures to follow if they are appropriate and PG.


Living in Vancouver and having such a diverse group of friends and extended family, I feel so blessed to be a part of these upcoming weddings, ceremonies, receptions, bachelorettes, tea parties, bridal showers, dress fittings, and luncheons! This year promises to show me some diverse and fascinating nuptials, and I can't wait!! Pictures and posts forthcoming.

    living a life surrounded by love
          Anna Felicity

No comments: